Updated: May 7, 2019
By Laurie James, Arts and Culinary Blogger, Visit Fort Worth
1. Grab a brewery passport and hit the Fort Worth Ale Trail.
2. Begin your wild adventure at the Fort Worth Zoo, one of the top 5 zoos in the nation. Get up-close with the giraffes inside the African Savanna or cool off at the Safari Splash.
3. Stroll the world-renowned collection of art museums in the Cultural District including the Kimbell Art Museum, Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, Fort Worth Museum of Science & History, National Cowgirl Museum & Hall of Fame and the Amon Carter Museum of American Art.
5. Amateur or expert, cast your line at the Trinity River Water District’s TRWD Flyfest on March 9. Stick around for music, contests, food trucks and kid activities.
6. Fulfill your need for speed at the Vankor 350 Gander Outdoors Truck Series March 28-29 and the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Texas Motor Speedway.
7. Gran Fondo Hincapie is the Fort Worth tour stop of a cross-country bicycle tour and extravaganza. Choose from a 15-, 50- or 80-mile course that rings around the Trinity River. A post-race family festival follows on March 30.