5 Things to do in May
By Laurie James, Arts and Culinary Blogger, Visit Fort Worth
Plan your next weekend getaway to Fort Worth with the help of our spring checklist.
1. Mayfest at Trinity Park is the grandmother of all Fort Worth’s outdoor festivals, May 2-5. Pull up a chair to any of the three dedicated music stages and four performing arts stages. But don’t forget to snag a turkey leg or corn on a stick.
2. Learn tips and tricks from the best photographers in the game at Fort Worth Camera’s Fort Worth Foto Fest May 3-9.
3. Sample macrobrews and microbrews from over 30 craft breweries at Fort Worth Beer Festival on May 11. Your day at Panther Island will only be made better by live music, street tacos and the adult playground.
4. Go behind the scenes with the men and women of the Fort Worth
Herd from Memorial Day to Labor Day. This interactive experience teaches visitors of all ages the importance of the Cattle Drive Era.
5. Shop ’til you drop across the city, from Sundance Square and Stockyards to West 7th, Camp Bowie, Tanger Outlets,WestBend, The Shops at Clearfork and Near Southside.